What Information Do We Collect?
We collect information from you (1) when you register on our site and, (2) during the normal course of use of the Service. During registration, we will ask you to provide your name, email address, and to select a password. Your password is received as an encrypted file and we have no ability to access that information.
During normal use of the Service, Capshare will collect additional “Non-Personal Information.” This information may include, but is not limited to, the following:
- Company name
- Company description
- Company web URL
- Company Shareholders and related personal information
- Shareholder ownership stakes in the company
- Stock rights and terms as defined in the company’s Articles of Incorporation
- Any documents that users see fit to upload into Capshare’s document repository
You may always choose to withhold any of the above information from Capshare, but this may prevent you from using or receiving certain benefits from portions of the Service.
What Do We Use Your Information For?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one or more of the following ways:
- To assist in setting up and maintaining your account.
- To personalize your experience. (Capshare requires some of the above information in order to accurately reflect your company’s equity distribution, as well as to provide various reports and analyses based on that information.)
- To improve customer service. [The provided information helps us to more effectively respond to service requests and inquiries and to accurately and efficiently service those requests.]
- To provide emails regarding order processing; as well as occasional company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. [If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.]
- For internal purposes to help us diagnose problems, monitor traffic patterns and otherwise continually improve our Service.
Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested.
How Do We Protect Your Information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you enter, submit, or access your personal information.
We offer the use of a secure server. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our database to be only accessed by those authorized with special access rights to our systems. Access to your data will be limited to only those agents at Capshare who require your data in order to accomplish the uses listed above. Said agents are authorized users and are under strict requirement to keep the information confidential.
Non-Personal Information (including aggregate, technical, or demographic information) can also be collected through the standard operation of our internet servers and logs as well as other automatic data collection tools such as “cookies” and other similar technologies.
A “cookie” is a small text file that is recorded either temporarily or persistently on your hard drive and that a website can use in order to recognize visitors who revisit a website so as to facilitate their ongoing access to and use of the website.
Information we may collect through cookies and other similar technologies includes your browser type, language preference, operating system, referring website (if applicable), the name and type of device, the operating system of your device, your geographic location, the date and time of each user visit or request, the message boards or other discussion forums you visit, and the Capshare service endpoints that you accessed or visited during your use of the Service.
Do We Disclose Information to Outside Parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or other’s rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
California Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
Because we value your privacy we have taken the necessary precautions to be in compliance with the California Online Privacy Protection Act. We therefore will not distribute your personal information to outside parties without your consent.
As part of the California Online Privacy Protection Act, all users of our site may make any changes to their information at anytime by logging into their portfolio and clicking the 'Account' button in the top right corner.
Childrens Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
We are in compliance with the requirements of COPPA (Childrens Online Privacy Protection Act), we do not knowingly collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age. Nor do we authorize children under 18 years of age to use our Service. Our website, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years old or older.
This policy was last modified on May 4th, 2013
PO Box 708641
Sandy, UT 84070-8641